Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Like a Chica Cherry Cola...?

For the last few hours I've been sitting here at my desk doing 2 things: doing some preliminary research for my new OTD project, and trying out Fantasia Mon Cherry. This, thankfully, ends my 3 consecutive days of trying new shisha flavors. Last night I tried Romman Cherry, on account of having found the joys of cherry flavored shisha at Beirut back home in Hong Kong.

Between the 2 cherry flavors, Romman tasted a bit like artificial cherry candy, perhaps a Jolly Rancher or Air Head.
Fantasia, on the other hand, tastes more like a black cherry soda.
Honestly, I like them both. Different flavors for different moods and occasions, I guess.

As for the research, well, Universal Design is a bit of a tricky beast. As has been the case since I decided to tackle Universal Design for my OTD, finding any amount of decent literature, let alone peer-reviewed articles, on the topic has proven quite difficult. I've largely been limited to literature that AARP, USC, and The Center for Universal Design at NCSU have put out. Not a whole lot by way of peer-reviewed articles there, and as far as I've been able to find, nothing at all on how UD can benefit individuals other than any given specific population: the elderly, individuals with physical disabilities, etc.
Perhaps this will serve as a decent step towards my needs assessment, but that's always a difficult argument to make: There's no material written on the subject, so I should write it!
Still, I suppose it's better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment