Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet Start

I guess I might as well start out with what initially brought the whole "blog" idea to my mind: hookah.

I just got my new shipment of hookah coals & tobacco in the mail yesterday from Hookah-Shisha.com, which included their Valentine's Day promotional free 50g pack of Sweet Start.
So, why not try it out?

When I opened the sealed package I was hit by a smell that reminded me of bubblegum ice cream. Honestly, as sweet and nice as it smelled, this was a bit off putting, as I'm not too fond of really sweet shisha flavors, despite my lifelong love of candy.

At first the flavor and smoke were incredibly light, which surprised me considering the Romman name on the packaging, but after adjusting the coals the smoke got thicker and the flavor came out more. The flavor stayed light and sweet, not nearly as overwhelming as the smell, which was kind of nice. After the first hour, though, it got a little old. I stuck it out until the end of the bowl and came to the conclusion that it'd be better as a mixer. What to mix it with, though, I'm still not sure.

After writing all that, I just realized - it almost tasted like cotton candy.

All that said, I hesitate to give any sort of positive/negative or 10-point scale type of rating for this.
Seeing as I think I may end up reviewing more flavors and/or mixes in the future, I will instead say this: If you like sweet shisha, but are not a fan of the many artificial fruity flavors out there, then this may be for you. If you prefer your shisha a little less sweet, perhaps along the lines of jasmine or rose, then you likely won't like Sweet Start.
If, however, you're like me and like a lot of different flavors then I'd say give it a shot. I wasn't a huge fan of it, but you just might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment