Monday, February 14, 2011

Oh look, I started a blog!

Why? Because it's easy? Because everybody's doing it? Am I hoping to pick up chicks with my clever posts?
Honestly, I have no idea. I may never post here again, but hey - it's free, so why not?

So, why "My Favorite Occupations?"
Well, if you've known me for any amount of time and have talked to me in the last 6 or 7 years, then you'll know that I am an occupational therapist. What is occupational therapy? Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it.
If you don't feel like reading all that, I don't blame you. But if you really want to know in any amount of detail, it'd probably take me a lot more words than that article has.
But basically, it's a profession that strives to help others get into or back into everyday life, doing the things that are meaningful to them.
See, here we're not talking about your job occupation, but looking at anything that occupies your time. Your occupations, then, are the activities and tasks that are meaningful to you.
Yeah, it's not the best name we could have picked, but that's what they went with way back when, so we're kind of stuck with it.
But, because what we do as occupational therapists is so client-centered, you hear and learn about a lot of different occupations that people have.

The way I see it, I have a wide range of interests, both professionally and personally, so this may be a great place to display my passions for the world to see.
Also, I like to talk a lot.
I mean a LOT. If allowed to, I could probably talk about anything and everything for hours on end, perhaps only pausing to eat or drink a little.

Actually, the idea for a blog probably started a year or so ago, when I thought about posting some tutorials on hookah preparation, hookah smoking having become a new occupation over the course of a year of casual smoking at hookah bars.

So, here it is. A place where I may put my favorite occupations on the internet to be read, berated, and taken out of context at the reader's whim.
Maybe I'll post something again soon, maybe not for a while, and maybe not at all.
I think I said that at the top of this post already. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment